Disclosure: this article contains affiliate links. All opinions are 100% my own.
Bellema Mango Single Electric Breast Pump Review
This handy little pump is very convenient to carry around for on the go pumping. It drains batteries a bit quickly so you’ll want to carry spares. It is very comfortable, though, with a silicone flange and very easy to clean. The digital screen makes it easy to use. Best of all, it is very well priced relative to other single electric pumps.
What’s in the box?
The Bellema Mango single electric pump comes with everything you need to express milk and feed since it includes a nipple/teat. Do note, however, that the pump can run on 4 AA batteries and these are not included and must be purchased separately. The pump also runs on AC power and the power adapter is included.
- 1 breast pump motor unit
- 1 breast pump body (this piece includes the breast flange (27mm size) and attaches to the diaphragm and tubing as well as the milk collection bottle)
- 1 diaphragm – connects pump handle to pump body and creates suction
- 1 piece of tubing
- 1 silicone flange insert – makes the 27mm plastic flange 24mm size
- Milk flow valve (milk flows through into the collection bottle)
- 1 milk collection bottle (4oz/ 120mL size) and cap
- 1 bottle stand
- Nipple/teat and cap for feeding
- AC adapter
- Instruction booklet
- Compatible with narrow or wide neck bottles – comes with an adaptor so you can pump into the milk collection bottle of your choice. This is useful so you don’t have to transfer the expressed milk to another bottle for feeding or storage and thus you can prevent spills.
- Comfortable – silicone flange rests comfortably on your breast
- Has a preset letdown function – this is a plus so you can quickly stimulate letdown and save time in your pumping session
- Can run on battery power – great when you’re on the go or can’t pump near an electrical outlet. It is useful even at home if you want to move around to do other things while pumping.
- Closed system – hygienic and easy to clean because milk cannot enter the tubing
Bellema Mango Single Electric Breast Pump Cons:
- Cannot adjust speed and suction strength separately – makes it harder to mimic natural nursing because you must use the present combinations of speed and suction strength. This might make the overall pumping session a little slower or less comfortable because the pump will express your milk at a different rhythm from when you breastfeed directly.
- More difficult to find replacement parts – can be ordered online from a few retailers but are generally not found in stores
Should you buy the Bellema Mango Single Electric Breast Pump?
This is a good pump for infrequent use. I like the comfort and the fact that it is a hygienic closed system. It is easy to assemble and disassemble and you can’t complain about the suction strength, especially for the low price. Click the image below to learn more or purchase on Amazon.